|North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction|
|January 2, 2013-present|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Mandan School Board|
|Bachelor's||Minot State University|
|Associate's||Bismarck State College|
|Master's||Valley City State University|
Baesler began her career in public schools as a library assistant. From there she became a library media specialist and an assistant principal in the Bismarck Public School District.
- Two Associate degrees, Bismarck State College
- Masters, Education/Library Information Technology, Valley City State University
- Bachelors, Education, Minot State University
North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction (2013-present)
Mandan School Board (2004-2012)
Baesler served on the Mandan School Board from 2004 to December 2012. She was President from 2005 to 2012.
Baesler won election as North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction in 2012. She won Republican Party support during the party's convention, where she defeated Rep. David Monson by a vote of 863-725. Baesler defeated Max Laird and Tracy Potter in the primary on June 12, coming in first. She defeated Potter in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction General Election, 2012|
|Election Results via North Dakota Secretary of State.|
Comprehensive donor information for Baesler is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Baesler raised a total of $199,038 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 20, 2013.
|Kirsten Baesler's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||ND Superintendent of Public Instruction||$199,038|
|Grand Total Raised||$199,038|
Baesler won election to the position of North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction in 2012. During that election cycle, Baesler raised a total of $199,038.
|North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kirsten Baesler's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Republican Party||$40,000|
|North Dakota Farm Bureau||$8,000|
|Mary Alice Bergen||$7,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$199,038|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kirsten + Baesler + North + Dakota + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alumna Kirsten Baesler to speak at VCSU commencement May 11
- State officials learning of new educational techniques for students in West Fargo - WDAY
- VCSU commencement to be web-streamed live Saturday, May 13
- Legislators near late-night compromise for property tax relief, K-12 funding - Dickinson Press
- K-12 NOTES: Northwood senior in national poetry contest - Grand Forks Herald
- K-12 Funding Bill - KFYR-TV
- Lifelong Learning - KFYR-TV
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Kirsten Baesler on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- LinkedIn profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 North Dakota Department of Public Instruction, "Kirsten Baesler," accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ Grand Forks Herald, "Baesler backed by GOP for N.D. school superintendent," April 1, 2012
- ↑ Devils Lake Journal, "ND primary election to be held Tuesday," June 6, 2012
- ↑ Bismark Tribune "General Election Results" Accessed November 6, 2012
- ↑ Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Kirsten Baesler," accessed May 20, 2013
|North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction
| Succeeded by|