|Minnesota House of Representatives District 26A|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Gustavus Adolphus College|
|Master's||Southwest Minnesota State University|
|Birthday||July 28, 1977|
|Place of birth||Meriden, MN|
|Profession||Economics/Political Science Teacher, Owatonna High School|
Kath received his M.S. in Educational Leadership from Southwest Minnesota State University and B.A. in Political Science/Secondary Education from Gustavus Adolphus College.
He works as a Economics/Political Science Teacher at Owatonna High School, and previously served as Constituent Advocate to United States Senator Paul Wellstone.
He is married and has 2 children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kath served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kath served on these committees:
- K-12 Education Policy and Oversight (Vice Chair)
- Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs
- Crime Victims/Criminal Records Division
- Public Safety Policy and Oversight
- State Government Finance Division
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 26A (2010)|
|Kory Kath (DFL)||9,683||62.25%|
|David Thul (R)||5,852||37.62%|
Kory Kath raised $31,072 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 26A (2008)|
|Kory Kath (DFL)||11,527||56.90%|
|Thomas Kuntz (R)||8,710||43.00%|
In 2010, Kath received $29,856 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kory Kath's campaign in 2010|
|Boilermakers Local 647||$500|
|Working Families Fund||$500|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Minneapolis Federation Of Teachers Local 59||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$29,856|
Listed below are the three largest contributors to Kory Kath's 2008 campaign.
|Steele County Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$2,350|
|Waseca County Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,300|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kory + Kath + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kory Kath's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Kath
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Kory Kath on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kath
- Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Kath's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
|Minnesota State House District 26A
| Succeeded by|
Tina Liebling (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |