For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 96|
|November 18, 2014 - Present|
|November 14, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Jacobs served as Broward County Vice Mayor from 2011 to present and as Broward County Commissioner from 1998 to present.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Jacobs served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Local & Federal Affairs|
Jacobs' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Kristin Jacobs defeated Steven M. Perman in the Democratic primary and defeated Ronald Bray (I) in the general election.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 96 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|U.S. House, Florida District 22 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Politico listed the 22nd District race between Lois Frankel and Patrick Murphy as one of the five primaries to watch in 2012. However, Patrick Murphy decided to run in the 18th District rather than the 22nd District.
In 2012, Jacobs' endorsements included the following:
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 728
- National Association of Police Organizations
- State Representative Martin David Kiar
- Councilor Stella G. Jordan
- UNITE HERE, the region’s first responders, police, and firefighters
- United Transportation Union
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kristin + Jacobs + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Profile from the Florida House of Representatives
- Campaign website
- Kristin Jacobs on Facebook
- Kristin Jacobs on Twitter
- Kristin Jacobs Broward for Congress Facebook Page, "Info" accessed August 6, 2012
- Kristin Jacobs, "Issues," accessed August 14, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- AP Results, "U.S. House Results," accessed August 14, 2012
- Politico, "5 primaries to watch" accessed April 18, 2012
- Vote Kristin Jacobs, "News" accessed August 6, 2012 (timed out)
James Waldman (D)
|Florida House of Representatives District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |