Kristy Reed Johnson
|Kristy Reed Johnson|
|Idaho State Senate District 3|
|Place of birth||Wichita, KS|
Johnson previously ran for Idaho State Representative in 2000 and 2002, and in 2007 for the Post Falls City Council.
Johnson currently serves as Chair of the Education & Outreach Subcommittee on the Budget & Policy Committee of the Kootenai County Aquifer Protection District, opposition to was appointed to in 2007. She has worked for US Bank - Corporate Payment Systems since 2008. From 1965 until 1996, Johnson was a Flight Service Manager for Trans World Airlines.
Johnson earned her Veterinary Technology Certificate from Maple Woods Community College in 1978. She studied Liberal Arts at Kansas University - Lawrence in 1965, but did not receive a degree.
Johnson is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Post Falls Community Volunteers - Past Board Member
- Distinguished Young Women of Post Falls - Current Board Member
- River Run Home Owners Association - Past President
- Post Falls Historical Society - Past Board member
- C.A.S.A. - Court Apponted Special Advocate for neglected & Abused Children
- League of Women Voters
- Post Falls Chamber of Commerce - River City Leadership Class of 2010
- Avista - Alternate Relicensing Plan Committee
- Mica Flats Grange
- Rathdrum Prairie Planning Committee
Johnson lists three main issues of her campaign:
- Education: "Support teachers, improve curriculum and funding at the classroom level to make Idaho more competitive. Support technology and alternate learning with teacher support. Mandated independent study at the K-12 level is not appropriate."
- Balancing Idaho State Legislature: "Public debate is not possible in the Idaho State Legislature. Idaho's one party rule either rams legislation written by A.L.E.C. through the system or locks legislation in committee chair desk drawers. More Democrts in the legislature would balance committee votes and allow legislation to proceed to the floor for an open debate - in public view - not behind the closed doors of committees."
- Campaign Finance Reform: "Right now we have the best government lobbyists and special interests can buy."
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Johnson ran in the 2012 election for Idaho State Senate District 3. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15 and was defeated by Bob Nonini (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kristy Reed Johnson||31%||5,461|
Johnson said that all of her funds have come from individuals, none of which have been over $100.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kristy + Johnson + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biographical information submitted Ballotpedia, August 5, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012