|Missouri House of Representatives, District 102|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma Wesleyan University|
|Master's||Regent University, 2008|
|Place of birth||St. Louis, MO|
|Profession||Owner, Kurt Bahr Contracting|
Bahr grew up in O'Fallon, MO and was a veteran of the United States Air Force. He was a home school graduate and holds a Bachelor's Degree in History/Political Science from Oklahoma Wesleyan University and a Master's Degree in Public Policy from Regent University. He is a small business owner in O'Fallon, an active member of Crosshaven Church, and an Ambassador in the O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce.
Kurt Bahr is also a member of the Saint Charles County Christian Home Educators, Missouri Right to Life, the National Rifle Association, American Legion post #388, the St. Charles County Young Republicans, the St. Charles County Pachyderm Club, and the Lewis and Clark Pachyderm Club.
Kurt Bahr's political experience includes working as campaign coordinator for Representative Dwight Scharnhorst (R-93), Representative John Diehl (R-87) and Representative candidate Randy Jotte (R-91) as well as serving as intern for U.S. Congressman W. Todd Akin (R-2).
Bahr's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Kurt is 100% Pro-Life. Protecting the rights of the weak is one of the primary functions of government and Kurt is completely committed to defending the weakest and most defenseless minority in our society – unborn children."
- Excerpt:"Kurt Bahr will defend our liberties in the House as he defended our country in the military – staunching the flow of government dominance before we have little left that resembles the freedoms our Founders risked everything to build."
- Excerpt:"As your representative, Kurt will work to reduce the burden of taxation on both individuals and businesses. He will support legislation to simplify regulations, encouraging the growth of small businesses that bring jobs and prosperity to our state."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bahr served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children, Families, and Persons with Disabilities, Vice-chair|
|• Elementary and Secondary Education|
|• Small Business|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bahr served on these committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations - Transportation and Economic Development|
|• Children and Families, Vice-chair|
|• Small Business|
Bahr won re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 102. Bahr ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated John Callahan (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 102, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kurt Bahr Incumbent||62.7%||11,715|
On November 2, 2010 Bahr won election to the Missouri House of Representatives.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 19 General Election (2010)|
|Kurt Bahr (R)||10,474|
|Matt Simmons (D)||5,185|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Bahr was up for re-election, he collected $54,022 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Citizens for Timothy W Jones||$2,000|
|Professional Environmental Engineers Inc||$2,000|
|Dynamic Fitness Management III LLC||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kurt + Bahr + Missouri + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- MO bill could require notification if data breach - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News ... - KAIT
- Common Core standards draw supporters, critics - Joplin Globe
- Common Core Standards could face hurdles - The Missouri Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- House site
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Official Bahr for State Rep Website
- Official Bahr for State Rep Facebook page
- St. Louis Homeschool Examiner article on Kurt Bahr's candidacy
|Missouri House of Representatives District 102
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri House of Representatives District 19
| Succeeded by|
John Joseph Rizzo (D)
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Sunshine Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |