Massachusetts State House, Thirty-seventh Middlesex District
|Website||Official campaign website|
- 1 Education
- 2 Professional experience
- 3 Political experience
- 4 Issues
- 5 Elections
- 6 Community service and involvement
- 7 Personal
- 8 Contact Information
- 9 External links
- B.S., Business- Information Technology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, class of 1989.
- Hayes was a candidate for the Massachusetts House of Representative, Thirty-seventh Middlesex Seat, in 2008.
- "As your State Representative, I will work to BALANCE our state government, help CREATE jobs, and LOWER taxes."
Balance and accountability
- Believes one-party rule has left the State House corrupt, arrogant and irresponsible.
Jobs and small business
- Supports lower taxes.
- Supports less regulation.
Taxes and government spending
- Supports repealing recent tax hikes.
- Supports a full audit of state government to cut waste.
- Supports state funding of, "unpredictable special education and transportation costs."
- Supports increased competition.
- Supports tort reform.
- Supports lowering the number of mandates on individuals and businesses.
- Opposes further government expansion and price-fixing.
Energy and environment
- Supports policy that, "encourages development and use of renewable energy sources while also making existing energy sources more affordable."
- Opposes state encouragement of illegal immigration.
- Opposes taxpayer-funded in-state tuition for illegal immigrants.
- Opposes state benefits for illegal immigrants.
- Supports giving law enforcement, "the tools and authority to enforce our current immigration laws for those here illegally."
- Supports holding, employers who hire and exploit," illegal immigrants accountable.
- Supports education and resources to, including programs to increase adoptions, "enable and empower [women] to choose life."
- Opposes partial-birth abortion.
- Supports parental notification and consent requirements.
- Opposes gay marriage.
- Supports same-sex civil unions.
- Supports a state ballot to decide the definition of marriage.
Supports, "safe, responsible gun ownership by law-abiding citizens."
Community service and involvement
- Co-founder, LymeLITE.
- Coach, Little League Baseball.
- Supporter, Fisher House Boston.
Hayes and his wife, Debbie, live with their two sons and daughter in Boxborough.
167 Tamarack Lane
Boxborough, MA 01719-2126
Phone: (978) 266-9371
Fax: (781) 895-2934