|U.S. House, Michigan, District 7|
|Bachelor's||Saginaw Valley State University (1997)|
|Ph.D.||Thomas M. Cooley Law School (1999)|
|Date of birth||02/02/1971|
|Place of birth||Pinconning, MI|
Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/magick-Cf770p3h' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/544.
convert: no images defined `/tmp/transform_d9edd635deb2-1.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3044.
Haskell was born and raised in Pinconning, Michigan. Upon graduated from Pinconning High School in 1989, he earned his B.S. in Biology from Saginaw Valley State University. He then went on to earn his law degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School and his master's degree in tax law from Wayne State University Law School. He worked for the Internal Revenue Service in Toledo, Ohio for 6 years before he opened Haskell Law Firm, where he practices bankruptcy law, estate planning, and social security law.
In Decemeber 2009, while flying back to the U.S. from Amsterdam, Haskell witnessed the "Underwear Bomber" who tried to blow up the plane. It was an incident that Haskell credits with "fundamentally changing his life."
- Attorney at Haskell Law Firm (2001-present)
- Attorney at the Internal Revenue Service (2000-2006)
Haskell was defeated by incumbent Tim Walberg. Haskell ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Michigan's 7th District. He defeated Ruben Marquez in the August 7 Democratic primary. He faced Republican incumbent Tim Walberg, Ken Proctor (L), and Richard Wunsch (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Michigan District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kurt R. Haskell||43%||136,849|
|Republican||Tim Walberg Incumbent||53.3%||169,668|
|Source: Michigan Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Michigan District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Haskell was endorsed by the organizations and individuals below for the 2012 election.
- Monroe County Corrections Officers Association
- Monroe County Democratic Party
- Former Congressman Joe Schwarz
- Congressman John Dingell
- Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council
- United Auto Workers - Region 1A
- United Auto Workers - Region 1C
Haskell has released 90 youtube videos on different campigan topics since August, 2012.
Kurt Haskell, "Campaign Video 1/90"
|U.S. House, Michigan District 7, 2012 - Kurt Haskell Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,533,550|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,309,735|
|Top contributors to Kurt Haskell's campaign committee|
|Sheet Metal Workers Union||$3,000|
|United Auto Workers||$1,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$3,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kurt + Haskell + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Haskell is married to his wife, Lori.
- Haskell for Congress, "About the candidate" May 25, 2012
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Michigan"
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed May 30, 2014
- Kurt Haskell, "Endorsements," accessed October 5, 2012 (timed out)
- YouTube channel
- Open Secrets, " 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 2013
- Haskell's Vote Smart Profile, "Biography," accessed October 5, 2012