|Alabama House of Representatives District 42|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Mayor, Town of Maplesville|
|Bachelor's||Faulkner University, 2001|
|Master's||Faulkner University, 2005|
|Birthday||July 17, 1957|
|Place of birth||Maplesville, AL|
He formerly served on the City Council of the Town of Maplesville from 1999 to 2007. He also served as the Mayor from 2008 to 2010.
Wallace earned his B.S. in Business Administration from Faulkner University in 2001 and his M.B.S. in Management from Faulkner University in 2005. His professional experience includes working as Director of Distribution for Bush Hog from 1984 to 2009.
Wallace served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce and Small Business Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Shelby County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Transportation, Utilities and Infrastructure Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Utilities
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. James Martin defeated incumbent Kurt Wallace in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 42 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Kurt Wallace Incumbent||49.4%||4,507|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 42 General Election (2010)|
|Kurt Wallace (R)||9,382|
|James Martin (D)||5,452|
In 2010, Wallace raised $153,042 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$37,485|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$36,000|
|Shelby County Republican Party||$13,500|
In 2010, Wallace's endorsements includedd the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Kurt Wallace endorsed Newt Gingrich in the 2012 presidential election.
Wallace and his wife, Connie, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kurt + Wallace + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- alabamateapartyexpress.com, "The Alabama Tea Party Express," accessed July 18, 2014 (Archived)
|Alabama House District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|