LA County registrar begins investigatiing voter fraud
October 22 2008
LA registrar to confirm that registration changes were voluntary. The statement comes in the wake of allegations that Young Political Majors, a firm hired by the California Republican Party, had tricked voters into switching their registration to Republican. Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder Dean Logan is reviewing 9,000 affidavits turned in by Young Political Majors.
Alleged fraud not expected to impact the coming election
Logan said that, even if voters' registrations had been changed against their will, it would not affect this November's election since all voters use the same ballot. But, he said, if the problem remained unaddressed it could create problems in the next primary election.
- California vote fraud news archive
- LA registrar's office to contact voters caught in alleged registration scam
- GOP voter registration chief arrested for fraud in California
- Democrats call on McCain, GOP to denounce California vote-fraud suspect
- California voters say they were tricked into registering as Republicans