La Canada Unified School District parcel tax, Measure LC (June 2009)
(Redirected from La Canada Unified School District parcel tax, Measure LC, June 2009)
June 30, 2009 ballot for voters in the La Canada Unified School District in Los Angeles County, where it was approved.
Measure LC authorized the school district to levy a $150 annual parcel tax for five years.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final election results are from the Los Angeles County election office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure LC: "To protect La Cañada schools from uncontrollable state budget cuts and preserve quality education through temporary local funding to sustain rigorous curriculum and instruction; attract and retain superior teachers; limit increased class sizes; maintain programs that ensure students are prepared to succeed in college and careers; and protect property values, shall La Cañada Unified School District levy $150 per parcel for five years, with independent citizens’ oversight, exemptions for seniors, and all funds staying under local control?"|
- California 2009 local ballot measures
- Parcel tax elections in California
- Rowland Unified School District parcel tax, Measure E (June 2009). On the ballot elsewhere in Los Angeles County on the same day as Measure LC, Measure E was defeated.
- Text of Measure E
- Measure E election information booklet
- "Yes on LC", website in favor of Measure LC