Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 91|
Thombs' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe that, by implementing a penny-and-a-half sales tax completely designated for classroom education, we could cover education budget deficits without raising property taxes. We need to look at where we are allocating our dollars and resources, so we can maximize educational effectiveness."
- Excerpt:"I believe that the first thing we need to do is secure our borders. Securing our borders will cut down on the social, economic, and political burdens created by illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants who have been arrested for crimes should be deported. We need to seek realistic solutions to this issue-therefore, we should have a guest worker program in which foreign nationals pay for taxes, while not enjoying the full rights of citizenship. "
- Excerpt:"I believe that life begins at conception and that all human beings, regardless of their state of mental and physical development, are given the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness by their Creator. "
- Excerpt:"I fully believe in the Tenth Amendment. I believe that the states are sovereign, and that government functions best at the local level, with direction from the voters. Proper respect for the Tenth Amendment is critical to the preservation of our civil liberties."
- Excerpt:"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights gives us the right to bear arms, and as citizens, we should be able to protect ourselves, our families, and our property. Law enforcement is not always accessible when needed, and I believe that bearing arms can serve as an impediment to criminal activity."
|Texas House of Representatives District 91 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ken Sapp (advanced to runoff)||39.9%||3,777|
|Stephanie Klick (advanced to runoff)||31.9%||3,026|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lady + Thombs + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |