Lakeside Joint School District parcel tax, Measure C (May 2010)
Measure C asked voters to approve a parcel tax of $311 for 7 years. The certified election results combined from both counties show a 67.23% approval rate, which narrowly qualified for passage.
Lakeside has about 100 students.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
|Santa Clara County||146||63.76%||83||36.24%|
|Santa Cruz County||371||68.70%||169||31.30%|
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|Measure C: "To protect quality education and small class sizes for all students in Lakeside Joint School district, and provide qualified teachers with specialized training, comprehensive science programs, updated classroom technology, and quality academic programs for middle school students, shall the Lakeside Joint School District be authorized to implement an annual education parcel tax of $311 for seven years, with citizen oversight, and exemption available for senior citizens, no funds for administrators' salaries and every dollar spent on Lakeside students?"|
- Lakeside Joint School District website
- List of measures on the May 4, 2010 Santa Clara County ballot
- Santa Clara County Voter Registrar May 4, 2010 Measure C Voter Information Pamphlet
- Election results for Santa Clara County
- Election results for Santa Cruz County
- The Committee for the Lakeside School District Parcel Tax Measure C