Larry Boggs (Oklahoma)
|Oklahoma State Senate District 7|
|November 23, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Boggs earned his diploma from Wilburton High School in 1964.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Boggs served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development|
|• Public Safety|
|• Tourism and Wildlife|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2012
Boggs ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma Senate District 7. Boggs ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26. He defeated J. Paul Lane in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||J. Paul Lane||46.1%||12,178|
Comprehensive donor information for Larry Boggs is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Larry Boggs raised a total of $141,489 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 25, 2013.
|Larry Boggs's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma State Senate, District 7||$141,489|
|Grand Total Raised||$141,489|
2012Larry Boggs won election to the Oklahoma State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Larry Boggs raised a total of $141,489.
|Oklahoma State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry Boggs (Oklahoma)'s campaign in 2012|
|Fund for a Conservative Future||$5,000|
|Oklahoma State Republican Senatorial Committee||$5,000|
|Center for Legislative Excellence||$5,000|
|Conservative Oklahoma Leadership PAC||$5,000|
|Republican Senate Victory PAC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$141,489|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 54th Oklahoma State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to May 24. In 2014, the Oklahoma State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to May 23.
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2013 Reid Report
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2014 Reid Report
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with business, industry, job creation and economic growth issues deemed important by the private sector.
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2013 Environmental Report Card
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2014 Environmental Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the environment.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the growth and development of the Oklahoma City region.
Boggs and his wife Karla have one daughter and three grandchildren. They live in Wilburton, OK.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Larry + Boggs + Oklahoma + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oklahoma State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Boggsforsenate.com, "Meet Larry," accessed October 1, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Boggs, Larry," accessed June 25, 2013
Richard Lerblance (D)
|Oklahoma State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|