|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 104|
|2008 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Birthday||August 1, 1948|
|Place of birth||Hattiesburg, Mississippi|
Byrd's professional experience includes working as a contractor. He served in the U.S. Army 82nd Airborne Division.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Byrd served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• County Affairs, Vice Chair|
|• Marine Resources|
|• Ports, Harbors and Airports|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Byrd served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• County Affairs, Vice Chair|
|• Marine Resources|
|• Military Affairs|
|• Oil, Gas and Other Minerals|
On November 8, 2011, Byrd won re-election to District 104 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 104 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Larry Byrd Incumbent||89.9%||8,122|
|Reform Party||Randy Walker||10.1%||913|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 104 (2007)|
|Larry Byrd (R)||6,198||100.00%|
In 2011, Byrd received $12,300 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry Byrd's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$2,000|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Barksdale, James L||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$12,300|
|Total Votes received in 2011||8,122|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.51|
In 2007, Byrd collected $11,900 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Necaise Construction Co Inc||$1,000|
|Benlaw Ventures Inc||$1,000|
|Mississippi Roadbuilders Association PAC||$1,000|
|Warren, Lawrence W.||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Byrd has been a Knight Commander Court of Honour with the Knights of the York Cross of Honour and Scottish Rite. He has also been a member of the Macedonia Baptist Church, Petal Chamber of Commerce, Petal Masonic Lodge No. 516, and Veterans of Foreign Wars.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Larry + Byrd + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Byrd
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, 2007 Republican primary certification
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Larry Byrd
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 104
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |