For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii State Senate District 11|
|High school||Burbank High School (1981)|
|Associate's||General Education, City College of San Francisco (2005)|
|Bachelor's||B.A., Historical and Political Science (December 2012 expected)|
|Years of service||1981-1985|
|Place of birth||Glendale, CA|
Fenton's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Civil Liberties
- "Our government is systematically destroying our freedoms guaranteed by the US CONSTITUTION. It's time for people to take back the government that is rescinding the rights established by our founding father's and reduce corporate dominance of our legislative branch."
- "Our local state government is subsidizing large corporations to plant GMO crops on Hawaii's prime agricultural land which has even included human DNA mixed with Corn crops. End Frankenfood products, grant relief to organic farmers, small farm owners, and create sustainable farming practices. Legalize and tax marijuana and hemp to provide funding for the state government."
- "The cost of living in Hawaii is too high and increased taxes on small business and working people is not what is needed. What is needed is fiscal restraint, cutting waste, and preventing excessive government intrusion into our lives."
- Religious freedom
- "Churches and religious institutions are being attacked legislatively. New laws are being introduced that violate their conscience and traditional values. Restore the right of religious institutions to practice their faith without interference or coercion."
- "Raise public teaching standards and encourage beneficial programs which give parents more choices on how to educate their children."
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Fenton ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 11. Fenton ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 10 incumbent Brian Taniguchi (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Brian Taniguchi Incumbent||80.4%||15,639|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Larry + Fenton + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Larry Fenton, "Background Info. - On The Issues," accessed September 16, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014