|Minnesota House of Representatives District 4B|
|1999 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||June 30, 1947|
|Place of birth||Minneapolis, MN|
|Profession||Summer Camp Manager/Caretaker|
Howes has worked as manager and caretaker of a summer camp. He is a member of the Christian Missionary Alliance.
Howes is married and has 5 children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Howes served on these committees:
- Capital Investment , Chair
- Jobs and Economic Development
- Rules and Legislative Administration
- Ways and Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Howes served on these committees:
- Capital Investment Finance Division (Lead GOP)
- Cultural and Outdoor Resources Finance Division
- Housing Finance and Policy and Public Health Finance Division
- Rules and Legislative Administration
Howes ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 5A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7 and was defeated by John Persell (D) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 5A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Persell Incumbent||56.2%||10,901|
|Republican||Larry Howes Incumbent||43.8%||8,497|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 4B (2010)|
|Meg Bye (DFL)||8,098||40.82%|
|Larry Howes (R)||11,722||59.09%|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 4B (2008)|
|Larry Howes (R)||12,820||53.68%|
|Meg Bye (DFL)||11,032||43.89%|
In 2010, Howes received $22,088 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry Howes's campaign in 2010|
|Hubbard County Republicans||$1,500|
|Cass County Republican||$1,000|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,088|
Howes raised $33,782 for his campaign.
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Larry Howes' 2008 campaign.
|Hubbard County Republican Party||$3,800|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Larry + Howes + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Representative Howes Webpage at the Minnesota House of Representatives
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Howes
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Larry's 2008 campaign contributions
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
|Minnesota State House District 4B
| Succeeded by|
Paul Marquart (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |