|South Dakota House District 26|
|2007 - 2013|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University, 1974|
|Place of birth||Platte, SD|
Lucas served in the South Dakota State House of Representatives from 1991 to 2000. He currently serves as Assistant Leader, representing the 26A District.
Lucas was a Teacher for Hendricks Public Schools from 1974 to 1975, and for Todd County Schools from 1975 to 2006. He has worked for Mid-West Tech as a Sales Technician since 2006.
Lucas earned his BA in Technology Education from South Dakota State University in 1974. Lucas and his wife, Debera, have four children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lucas served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Health and Human Services Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lucas served on the following committees:
|South Dakota State House, District 26A (2010)|
|Larry Lucas (D)||2,148||100.00%|
In 2010, Lucas received $31,710 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry Lucas's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Democratic Party||$27,500|
|South Dakota Association Of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|South Dakota Education Association||$500|
|Florida Power & Light||$250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$31,710|
In 2008, Lucas collected $9,820 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Majority Project||$2,500|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$1,000|
|South Dakota Education Association||$1,000|
|Equality South Dakota||$700|
|South Dakota State Medical Association||$600|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Larry + Lucas + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate ag panel approves farm bill - High Plains Journal
- SD taxpayers fund lawmakers dues, travel for political group - Daily Republic
- Conservative group's dues will be covered by SD treasury for all legislators - The Capital Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Larry Lucas
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 26
| Succeeded by|