Larry P. Zikmund
|Larry P. Zikmund|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Zikmund's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Keeping Your Taxes Low
- Excerpt: " South Dakota has thrived because of our low tax, business friendly environment. Higher taxes mean more money out of your pocket. I support keeping taxes low to encourage businesses to create jobs. Low taxes provide an incentive for businesses to start and relocate in South Dakota."
Economic Development and Workforce Development
- Excerpt: "We live in a competitive economic environment with other states competing for some of the same must ensure our workforce is trained to meet the challenge. I want to leverage my experience and will be able to hit the ground running as an effective advocate for District 14."
Investing in a World Class Education System
- Excerpt: "I support education and improving opportunities for K-12 programs and training in technical fields. Education opens doors and opportunity in life. I want to ensure our children have a bright future where they are adequately equipped with a knowledgeable background and skill set. Education is a key component to ensure we can compete in the regional and global economy."
Holding the Line on Government Spending
- Excerpt: "It’s important to take a common sense, conservative approach to spending. Budgets are about priorities which must be set and then funded according the money we have. I’ve managed budgets and had to make payroll. Just like a family budget, our state must live within our means. I support finding efficiencies and eliminating unnecessary spending. Those dollars should be redirected to programs that work."
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Valerie Loudenback and Chris McClure were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Tom Holmes and Larry P. Zikmund defeated Jane Ausborn in the Republican primary. Loudenback will face McClure, Holmes and Zikmund in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 14 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Larry P. Zikmund||55.6%||1,267|
|Jane Ellen Ausborn||21.9%||498|
Zikmund ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 14. Zikmund advanced past the Republican primary on June 5 and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 14 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Anna C. Hajek||37%||946|
|Larry P. Zikmund||34.5%||882|
|R. Shawn Tornow Incumbent||28.4%||726|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Larry + Zikmund + South Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota state legislative districts
- South Dakota State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- larryzikmund.org, "Issues," accessed May 19, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election Unofficial Results," accessed June 3, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012