Larry V. Faircloth
|Larry V. Faircloth|
|West Virginia State Senate, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|West Virginia House of Delegates|
|Place of birth||Martinsburg, WV|
Faircloth served in the West Virginia House of Delegates from 1988 to 2012.
Elections for the office of West Virginia State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Incumbent John Unger was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Larry V. Faircloth was unopposed in the Republican primary. Unger will face Faircloth in the general election.
|West Virginia State Auditor General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Glen Gainer Incumbent||57.5%||303,240|
|Election Results West Virginia Secretary of State Election Results Center.|
West Virginia was not scheduled to hold a gubernatorial election until 2012. However, elected Democrat Joe Manchin gave up the seat to join the U.S. Senate in the 2010 midterms. Senate President Earl Ray Tomblin, also a Democrat, took over the office as West Virginia does not have a lieutenant governor.
Faircloth lost the primary. Republican Candidate Bill Maloney won the Republican seat.
|2011 Race for Governor - Republican Primary|
|Clark S. Barnes||9.58%|
|Ralph William Clark||1.88%|
|Larry V. Faircloth||3.89%|
Faircloth said his administration's highest priority would be creating jobs. He also pledged not to create new taxes or raise existing taxes, and to cut regulation.
Aid and services to the elderly and more emphasis on education received prominent mention in Faircloth's platform, along with cracking down on illegal drugs being trafficked in the state.
As governor, Faircloth pledged to appeal Obamacare and to give West Virginians a chance to vote on a Constitutional Amendment reinstating the death penalty.
Comprehensive donor information for Faircloth is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Faircloth raised a total of $251,971 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
Faircloth lost the election to the position of West Virginia Auditor in 2012. During that election cycle, Faircloth raised a total of $8,882.
|West Virginia Auditor 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry V. Faircloth's campaign in 2012|
|Larry V. Faircloth||$4,450|
|Larry V. Faircloth||$797|
|John Reeves Raese||$500|
|Leonard I. Frenkil Sr.||$500|
|Donald R. Shoemaker||$350|
|Total Raised in 2012||$8,882|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Faircloth has three children. He is a member of several organizations including the Berkley County Chamber of Commerce and the Berkley County Farm Bureau.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Larry + Faircloth + West + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia Auditor
- State executive official elections, 2011
- West Virginia state executive official elections, 2011
- West Virginia special gubernatorial election, 2011
- Gubernatorial elections, 2011
- Governor of West Virginia
- Earl Ray Tomblin
- West Virginia State Senate elections, 2014
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia State Senate
- West Virginia State Senate District 16
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012, 2011, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed February 7, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 14, 2014
- Campaign Site Builder, "Larry Faircloth for Governor," accessed March 14, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 18, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Election Results," accessed November 6, 2012
- The Register-Herald, "Gubernatorial candidate profiles: Republican Larry Faircloth," April 21, 2011
- Lary Faircloth for West Virginia, "Issues," accessed April 20, 2011
- Follow the Money, " Career donations for Larry V. Faircloth," accessed June 7, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid