Lary S. Larson
|Lary S. Larson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Idaho House of Representatives District 34A|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 1975|
|J.D.||Brigham Young University-Provo, 1980|
|Birthday||November 2, 1953|
|Place of birth||Salt Lake City, UT|
Larson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "With our uniquely American political system, which combines the practical genius of free enterprise capitalism with the compassionate ideals of a progressive style of populism, the Affordable Care Act may be the closest we will ever come to the dream of affordable universal health care in America."
- Education Funding
- Excerpt: "We need to decide what education our children need, and then we need to pay for it."
- Excerpt: "We have gone too far in paring down government programs. We have gone beyond cutting waste—we are cutting programs that ought not to be cut. At the same time, we have reduced taxes below reasonable levels without any real need to do so. Our tax policy appears to be driven by politics and special interests, and not by the needs of the people."
- Same-Sex Unions
- Excerpt: "I propose that we address this problem in a rational way before it gets into our courts, rather than waiting until a crisis arises and calm-thinking becomes impossible."
- Excerpt: "My vision is that we could work together to reduce the number of abortions in America to an absolute minimum without women having to give up any of the progress they have made in their reproductive rights. I believe that we can accomplish that through a number of practical means, starting with each of us having a greater understanding for each other’s views."
Larson ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 34A. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15, 2012 and was defeated by Douglas A. Hancey Jr. (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 34A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Douglas A. Hancey Jr.||79.7%||13,424|
|Democratic||Lary S. Larson||20.3%||3,420|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lary S. + Larson + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lary Larson, "The Populist Papers," accessed October 20, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012