|Illinois House of Representatives District 17|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Glenbrook South High School (1985)|
|Master's||Northeastern Illinois University (1999)|
|Birthday||December 13, 1966|
|Place of birth||Glenview, IL|
|Profession||Clerk of Northfield Township|
Fine's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fighting for Jobs and Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Putting people back to work means creating an environment that fosters job creation for Illinois residents."
- Protecting our Children
- Excerpt: "As a mother and teacher, Fine knows we must protect our children from dangerous sexual predators."
- Demanding Budget Accountability
- Excerpt: "State budgets full of inefficient spending shortchange taxpayers and the children, seniors and vulnerable citizens who depend on state services."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fine served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Higher Education|
|• Business Growth & Incentives, Vice-chair|
|• Consumer Protection|
|• Health & Healthcare Disparities|
|• Human Services|
Fine won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 17. Fine was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Kyle Frank (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Laura Fine Incumbent||65.8%||32,876|
Fine and her husband, Michael, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Laura + Fine + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fine's Ethics Legislation Moves to State Senate - Patch.com
- Illinois Senate committee favors hand-held cell phone driving ban - The Southern
- Thank you Senator Durbin and Senator Kirk for standing for the people - Chicago Tribune
- This Day, May 18, In Jewish History by Mitchell A. Levin - Cleveland Jewish News (blog)
- House passes pension reform bill - Evanston Now
- Fine Votes To Reduce Lawmaker Salaries - Patch.com
- Dutschke denies any involvement with ricin-letter plot - Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Laura Fine for State Representative of the 17th District Facebook page
Daniel K. Biss (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |