Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto
|Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto|
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 45|
|November 6, 2012-Present|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|State House Minority Whip|
|Per diem||$175/day off Oahu; $10/day on Oahu|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Mililani High School|
|Bachelor's||Film production, University of Hawai'i|
|Place of birth||Mililani, HI|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Matsumoto served on the following committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education|
Matsumoto's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I strongly believe we need to come together as a community and strengthen Hawai’i agriculture to become more self-sustainable. A frightening statistic is that the average age of Hawai’i farmers is 60 years old. We need to educate and inspire our younger generations to embrace the farming lifestyle."
- Small Businesses
- Excerpt: "I believe that small businesses must be supported by cutting red tape at the state level while maintaining health, environmental and safety standards. I will support small businesses by encouraging legislation that minimizes the regulatory environment which drives up the costs making it difficult for small business owners to survive."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Too many of our friends and neighbors are out of work. I will work to help create a business environment that fosters job growth by reforming the current regulatory climate."
- Excerpt: "Every one of the schools in our state are uniquely different. We cannot put them all through the same cookie cutter system and expect different results. I believe that a greater percentage of the money allocated for education needs to be given directly to the schools so they can determine how to best teach their students."
- Excerpt: "I believe there is no reason that economic prosperity and environmental protection cannot go hand-in-hand. We can and should work with economists and the environmental community to maintain and preserve the natural environment that makes Hawai’i such a special place to live."
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election is June 3, 2014. Michael Yadao Magaoay is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Matsumoto won election in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 45. Matsumoto ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and defeated Jake Bradshaw (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto||50.8%||2,626|
Comprehensive donor information for Cheape is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cheape raised a total of $36,990 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 27, 2013.
|Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Hawaii State House, District 45||$36,990|
|Grand Total Raised||$36,990|
2012Cheape won re-election to the Hawaii House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Cheape raised a total of $36,990.
|Hawaii House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto's campaign in 2012|
|Republican State Leadership Cmte HI PAC||$2,000|
|North Shore News||$1,923|
|Total Raised in 2012||$36,990|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Matsumoto was Miss Hawai'i in 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Lauren + Cheape + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House Committees
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 45
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook
- Campaign Twitter
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Lauren Cheape, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Cheape, Lauren Kealohilani," accessed June 27, 2013
- Lauren Cheape, "About Lauren," accessed October 3, 2012
Jo Jordan (D)
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 45
| Succeeded by|