|Running for Idaho Secretary of State|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 9A|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position (current service)||18|
|Years in position (previous service)||1|
|Speaker of the House, Idaho State House|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Idaho, 1970|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1971-1972|
|Birthday||February 25, 1948|
|Place of birth||Council, ID|
Denney earned his B.S. from the University of Idaho in 1970. His professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Denney served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Resources and Conservation, Chair|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
|• Transportation and Defense|
- See also: Idaho secretary of state election, 2014
Primary Election Results
- Republican primary
|Idaho Secretary of State, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Idaho Secretary of State. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 99% precincts reporting.|
Denney won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 9A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Steve Worthley (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 9A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lawerence Denney Incumbent||70.9%||12,234|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 9A (2010)|
|Lawerence Denney (R)||8,736||76.7%|
|Lynn Webster (D)||2,660||23.3%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Lawerence Denney won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives District 9A receiving 71.9% of the vote (10,968 votes), ahead of Democrat Frederick Hallberg who received 28.1% of the vote (4,286 votes).
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 9A (2008)|
|Lawerence Denney (R)||10,968||54.4%|
|Frederick Hallberg (D)||4,286||28.1%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Denney was up for re-election, he collected $45,850 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lawerence Denney's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Jr Simplot Co||$1,800|
|Idaho Soft Drink Association||$1,600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$45,850|
In 2008, Denney raised $50,400.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign.
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Blue Cross of Idaho||$2,000|
|Idaho Republican Party||$2,000|
|Employers Insurance Co. of Nevada||$1,750|
|Agriculture & Natural Resources Industry||$1,500|
|Idaho Power Co.||$1,000|
|Idaho Soft Drink Association||$1,000|
|Idaho Sand & Gravel||$1,000|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Denney received a score of 63 points in the 2013 index, ranking 24th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Denney and his wife, Donna, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lawerence + Denney + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho Secretary of State
- Idaho secretary of state election, 2014
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- http://denneyforidaho.com/ Lawerence Denney for Secretary of State 2014 Official campaign website]
- Idaho House of Representatives - Lawerence Denney
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Lawerence Denney on Facebook
- Lawerence Denney for Secretary of State 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed December 5, 2013
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributors to Lawerence Denney," November 4, 2008
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
|Idaho House of Representatives District 9A
| Succeeded by|