Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 7|
|1988 - 2012|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Emerton has also been the chairman of the Health and Human Services Committee for the New Hampshire House of Representatives of Representatives; moderator of Goffstown School District; chairman of the Town Planning Board; vice-chairman of the County Republican Committee; and chairman of the Town Republican Committee. Emerton is the owner of Larry Emerton Appraisers; his other professional experience includes master sergeant of the United States Army Reserve, and master sergeant and corporal in the United States Marine Corps.
Emerton earned his B.A. from New England College.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Emerton served on these committees:
On November 2, 2010, Emerton was re-elected to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
On November 4, 2008, Emerton was re-elected by finishing third in the Hillsborough District 7 of the New Hampshire House of Representatives taking one of the eight potential seats there. Emerton (5,711) finished behind Randolph Holden (5,924) and Neal Kurk (5,868). He was followed by Gary Hopper (5,478), Russell Day (5,272), John Hikel (5,263), Kevin Hodges (5,040), Calvin Pratt (4,914), David Martin (4,836), Katelyn Karens (4,727), Stephen Brozowski (4,351), Becky McMennamin (4,231), Leigh Douglass (3,981), Derek Winsor (3,829), Benjamin Hampton (3,527), George McMennamin (3,516), Lisa Wilber (2,242), and others (17) who were presumably write-ins. Emerton raised $1,575 for his campaign.
In 2008 Emerton raised $1,575 in campaign donations. His top four contributors are listed below.
|Free & Strong America P A C N H||$250|
|New Hampshire Medical Society||$250|
|New Hampshire Association of Realtors||$250|
|New Hampshire Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons||$250|
In 2010, a year in which Emerton was up for re-election, he did not collect any money in donations.
Emerton and his wife, Elaine, have two children; Diane and Larry.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lawrence + Emerton + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- http://race42016.com, ""10 Additional NH State Representatives Endorse Romney," December 8, 2011
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "State General Election - November 4, 2008," accessed May 16, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2008 Campaign donations," accessed April 7, 2014
- Campaign donations
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 17, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Emerton