Lawrence Miller (Tennessee)
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 26|
|Bachelor's||Humboldt State University, 1969|
|Master's||University of Arkansas, 1979|
|Ph.D.||University of Texas at Austin, 1994|
Miller's professional experience includes working as an instructional technologist, instructor, instructional designer, manager, executive director, film and video producer, photographer, writer, and editor. He earned his B.A. in Political Science from Humboldt State University in 1969, MEd in Instructional Technology from the University of Arkansas in 1979, and PhD in Community College Leadership & Administration from the University of Texas at Austin in 1994.
In a submitted biography, Miller describes his political philosophy:
"I am running for the Tennessee House of Representatives District 26 precisely because I want to make a difference. I want to be a leader in the return to civil, honest, open and transparent politics and governing. I want to help to restore the American Dream of a better future, especially for the young. We cannot lose our way and place the burden of bad decisions and narrowly-focused policies on the next generations. Instead, I want to work for the greater good - to benefit all the citizens of District 26 and for the great state of Tennessee."
Miller ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 26. Miller ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012, but Miller will not appear on the ballot. He withdrew from the race on August 23, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lawrence + Miller + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- LIVE BLOG: House Ways and Means Committee Hearing - The Nonprofit Quarterly
- Summer Stage - PGH City Paper
- Nuclear Weapons Plant Break-In: Jury Finds 83-Year-Old Nun, 2 Others Guilty - Huffington Post
- Robin Wright & Ben Foster Are Apparently An Item, And More Couples Who ... - Huffington Post
- Theater to See This Week, Including a Riveting Police Story - LA Weekly (blog)
- Glen Campbell Tour Ends Because Of Alzheimer's Disease; Singer Will Release ... - Huffington Post
- Two Rochester Students Named as Minnesota's 2013 Presidential Scholars - St. Paul Asian American Press
- WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS' WEEKEND EDITION: Shock guest ... - Politico (blog)
- Cemeteries ensconced by park remain a source of consternation - Waynesville Smoky Mountain News
- Previewing The Pittsburgh Steelers' 2013 Draft - RealGM.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Candidate bio submission, June 25, 2012
- ↑ Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- ↑ Nooga.com, "Democrat candidate Larry Miller withdraws from House District 26 race," August 24, 2012
- ↑ Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 November Candidates," accessed September 21, 2012
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |