|Minnesota State Senate District 59|
|1983 - 2011|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 1982|
|Minnesota House of Representatives|
|1981 - 1983|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Master's||Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government|
|Birthday||September 18, 1951|
|Profession||Project Systems Analyst|
Pogemiller graduated from Minnesota in 1974 with his Bachelor's degree and later graduated from Harvard's Kennedy School of Government with his Master's in Public Affairs in 1988. Pogemiller is a self-employed project systems consultant when the legislature is not in session.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pogemiller was appointed to these committees:
- Subcommitte on Redistricting
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Pogemiller served on these committees:
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Pogemiller won re-election to the 59th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Barry Hickethier ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 59 (2010)|
|Lawrence Pogemiller (DFL)||19093||78.12%|
|Barry Hickethier (R)||5269||21.56%|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 59 (2006)|
|Lawrence Pogemiller (DFL)||19,845||76.37%|
|Sandra Burt (R)||4,619||17.78%|
|Rahn Workcuff (I)||1,458||5.61%|
In 2006, Pogemiller collected $63,855 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Minnesota Police & Peace Officers Association||$500|
|Minnesota Police Relief Association||$500|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Pogemiller represents Minnesota Senate District 59. District 59 includes Western Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota.
Pogemiller is in a committed relationship and resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Lawrence Pogemilller's official website
- Lawrence Pogemiller's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education, "Governor Dayton Appoints Sen. Larry Pogemiller to Head the Office of Higher Education," October 28, 2011
- Star-Tribune, "Special elections set Tuesday," January 7, 2012
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Minnesota Secretary of State - 2006 General Election Results
- 2006 contributions to Lawrence Pogemiller
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
- "Minnesota Secretary of State" Map of Senate District 59
|Minnesota State Senate District 59
| Succeeded by|