League of Women Voters
|League of Women Voters|
|Leadership:||LWVUS/LWVEF President/Chair Elisabeth MacNamara|
The LWV is nonpartisan, meaning it does not endorse or oppose political candidates or parties at any level of government.
However, the LWV does support or oppose many political issues--including taking positions on ballot measures.
- The League of Women Voters is lead by a Executive Committee and a Board of Directors which consists of 13 members.
- "The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy."
- Opposed Arizona Health Insurance Reform Amendment, Proposition 106 (2010)
- Opposed Arizona Civil Rights Amendment, Proposition 107 (2010)
- Arizona Medical Marijuana Question, Proposition 203, 2010
- Opposed Arizona Land Conservation Fund Transfer, Proposition 301 (2010)
- Opposed Arizona First Things First Program Repeal, Proposition 302 (2010)
- Supported California Proposition 15, Public Funding of Some Elections (June 2010)