League of Women Voters of California
The League of Women Voters of California, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. They do not support or oppose any political party or any candidate. They do, however, take action on selected government issues in the public interest. They operate on a set of principles using our visions, beliefs, and intentions.
The League works at the local, regional, state and national levels, paralleling the levels of government (this organization is the California state League). They have over 65 local League organizations within California and are growing. Members of one level of organization are also members at the local, regional, state and national levels.
Membership is open to men and women. Look up your local League and contact them about upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, services they offer, and their dues structure.
Voter Service and Education
The League of Women Voters of California Education Fund conducts their award winning voter service and citizen education activities. It is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonpartisan non-profit educational organization, which:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
Donations made to the League of Women Voters of California Education Fund are fully tax-deductible.
- League of Women Voters of California home page
- League of Women Voters of California Facebook page
- Find a local League in California
- League of Women Voters of California Education Fund home page
- League of Women Voters of California Education Fund SmartVoter.org project - everything a voter needs
- League of Women Voters of California Education Fund Easy Voter Guide project - for new and busy voters in multiple languages
- League of Women Voters of the United States home page
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |