|Iowa State Senate District 42|
|Bachelor's||Liberty University (1983)|
|Master's||Liberty University (1988)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1991 – 1995|
Harder previously ran for U.S. Congress in 2008. He earned his undergraduate degree in Political Science and Master of Religious Education from Liberty University.
Harder has worked as a field assistant for The Conservative Caucus, copywriter for the The Viguerie Company, served in the U.S. Army, was a truck driver with Transport America, was IDOC Chaplain at the Mount Pleasant Correctional Facility, and is an entrepreneur.
In the information submitted to Ballotpedia, Harder described himself as a "democratic Republican: Believe that the individual should be predominate. That America is stronger when it relies on a free-enterprise system geared to the individual responsibility and initiative as opposed to unrestrained corporate capitalism, cronyism and corporate welfare tied with government control."
Harder went on to say, "I believe that we are endowed by our Creator with Certain Inalienable Rights, and that we do not automatically enjoy the fruits of these Rights, but that it is Governments purpose to secure them."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
|Iowa State Senate, District 42 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Larry W. Kruse||71.1%||2,324|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lee + Harder + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate judiciary committee approves immigration bill - People's World
- News roundup: Boehner to Chaffetz on Benghazi: 'Be patient' - Salt Lake Tribune (blog)
- Holder criticizes longtime foe Issa at committee hearing - CNN
- The Note: Immigration Forecast ? It's Raining Amendments - ABC News (blog)
- IRS brouhaha puts the caffeine back in tea party - Business Mirror
- Immigration Bill Confronts Hundreds Of Amendments - Huffington Post
- Branstad names Mosiman new state auditor - Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier
- How Van Halen explains Obamacare, salmon regulation and scientific grants - Washington Post (blog)
- Betty McCarthy celebrated for a lifetime of service - Mason City Globe Gazette
- Capitol digest: Property tax calculator, disaster aid, Medicaid voices - Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia, April 2, 2012
- ↑ Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- ↑ Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 18, 2012