Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 190|
|(timed out) Campaign website|
Thornton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Education in Philadelphia should be an extreme concern. Our youth spend more time playing video games and listening to rap music than they do studying. To gain more youth attention, I would like to incorporate their beneficial music and games into education."
- Excerpt:"Although there are multiple jobs available in Philadelphia, there are not enough people qualified for those positions. With the advancement of technology, machines are replacing people within the workforce. We need to teach people about self-efficacy, (meaning believing in themselves). Although the younger generations are able to adapt easily, our elders are forced out of their positions because they are not as computer literate. We not only need to educate younger generations; we need to educate all generations."
- Excerpt:"Ex-offenders are people too. We all make mistakes in life. After serving our time should we be further judged when we strive hard to better ourselves? However, once incarcerated, society has branded us; making jobs and housing unavailable to us. Some of us do not embody the qualifications for jobs we do find. Once again here is a population in dire need of education. Job readiness programs can help to prepare us for jobs and more employers can become ex-offender friendly. AS AN EX-OFFENDER I HAVE EXPERIENCED SUCH SETBACKS FIRST HAND."
- Excerpt:"There are too many abandon houses in Philadelphia that could be used for public resources. Housing repairs can be expensive. We can teach ex-offenders electric, plumbing, roofing, etc., and fairly compensate them to make such restorations. These houses can be used for shelter, small libraries, after school programs, or other community envisioned sites."
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 190 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Vanessa Lowery Brown Incumbent||44%||3,636|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lemuel + Thornton + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |