was a 2012 Independent
candidate for District 11
of the California State Assembly
Augustine's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Creating Jobs/Manufacturing
- Excerpt: "For years we've ignored manufacturing jobs that have been a mainstay of our economy. We must create incentives for manufacturers to stay, reinvest in trade schools and partner with the trades to ensure that we're creating both opportunity and revenue."
- Excerpt: "As for education, we struggle under bureaucracy, but I'd like to see us empower the classroom teacher and reward them accordingly. My lifetime in the military and local government has taught me that you achieve more accountability the closer you are to the problem."
- Excerpt: "California's single biggest challenge outside struggling families is the crushing debt. In the long-term, the only cure is changing our bad habits. As an Assemblyman, one of my first acts will be to support legislation requiring California to adopt a two-year budget process to make state government more transparent and accountable."
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Augustine ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 11. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 11 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Gene Gantt
|| Patricia Hernandez
|| Charles Kingeter
|| Len Augustine
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Len + Augustine + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Len Augustine News Feed