|Minnesota State Senate District 47|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Political party||Democratic Farmer-Labor|
Foley graduated from Metropolitan State in 1974 with his Bachelor's degree and later gradauted from Minnesota State with his Master's degree in 1979. Foley later earned his Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College in 1994.
Foley is also the County Attorney for Anoka County when the legislature is not in session.
Prior to leaving the senate, Foley was a member of these committees:
- Capital Investment
- Judiciary Budget Division (Chair)
- Public Safety Budget Division.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Foley lost re-election to the 47th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Benjamin Kruse ran for the seat on the Republican ticket and Andrew Kratoska ran for the Independence Party. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 47 (2006)|
|Leo Foley (DFL)||15,942||50.62%|
|Scott Schulte (R)||15,506||49.24%|
In 2006, Foley collected $37,722 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Minneapolis Police Relief Association||$500|
|Minnesota State Patrol Troopers Association||$500|
|AFSCME Minnesota Council 5||$500|
Foley represented Minnesota Senate District 47. District 47 includes the Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs of Champlin and Coon Rapids.
Leo is maried to Kathryn Foley. They have four children and reside in Anoka, Minnesota.
- Leo Foley's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
|Minnesota State Senate District 47
| Succeeded by|
Benjamin Kruse (R)