Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota State Senate District 56|
Thurman's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt:"I will work with the Mayors and City Councils of Savage, Lakeville, and Burnsville to attract new commercial and manufacturing businesses that bring living-wage jobs to our cities, and I will work to protect the wages people earn to support themselves and their families. "
Budget Deficits & Taxes
- Excerpt:"I will work tirelessly to end the multi-billion dollar budget deficits that have plagued our state for 10 years! Equitable taxes will be one option in those negotiations."
Healthcare, Seniors, the Homeless
- Excerpt:"I will help build an affordable healthcare system that is available to all Minnesotans, and compensates health professionals fairly."
Educating Minnesota's Children and Adults
- Excerpt:"Lifelong public education will be my highest priority! Minnesota's public schools must always be fully funded. No more withholding or borrowing from our kids!"
Our Environment & Us
- Excerpt:"I will always vote to restore, protect, and maintain the cleanliness of Minnesota's air, water, land, and food. Our health and our children's future survival depend on it. "
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Thurman ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 56. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Dan Hall (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Hall Incumbent||54%||22,226|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leon + Thurman + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.