|U.S. House, South Carolina, District 6|
|High school||Bradwell Institute of Hinesville, Georgia|
|Ph.D.||Overcoming Outreach School of Religion, Columbia, South Carolina|
|Other||Fairfield School of Cosmetology|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force Reserves|
|Place of birth||Midway, Georgia|
Dr. Leon Winn was a 2014 Republican candidate seeking election to the U.S. House to represent the 6th Congressional District of South Carolina. He was a 2012 Republican candidate for District 36 of the South Carolina State Senate.
Dr. Winn graduated from the Bradwell Institute of Hinesville, Georgia. After high school, Winn served in the U.S. Air Force Reserves and trained as a jet engine mechanic. Winn then worked as a police officer with the Columbia Police Department in Columbia, South Carolina. He then enrolled at the Fairfield School of Cosmetology and went on to own and operate three beauty salons for over twenty-five years. Winn is also a licensed and ordained Baptist preacher who graduated from Morris College with a bachelor's degree in theology and a Doctor of Divinity degree from the Overcoming Outreach School of Religion in Columbia, South Carolina. He has served as the first vice-chairman of the Sumter County Republican Party in Sumter, South Carolina.
Winn lists the following campaign themes on his website:
- International trade
- Gun control
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 6 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
Winn ran in the 2012 election for South Carolina State Senate District 36. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12. Incumbent John Land (D) did not run for re-election. Winn was defeated by Kevin L. Johnson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Winn is married to Christine. He has three children and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leon + Winn + South + Carolina + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- South Carolina's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- South Carolina's 6th Congressional District
- Campaign website, "Home," accessed December 2, 2013
- Leon Winn, "About," accessed May 30, 2014
- Leon Winn, "Issues," accessed January 28, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Associated Press, "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official Primary Results"
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2012 Candidates," accessed April 26, 2012
- SC Votes, "Primary Results," June 12, 2012
- Leon Winn, "About Winn-Personal," accessed December 2, 2013 (dead link)