For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 36a|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Ceramics Engineering, Case Western University|
|Master's||Ceramics Engineering, Case Western University|
Leslie Klein was a 2014 Republicanspirit candidate for District 36a of the Washington House of Representatives. Klein ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 2012 as a Republican Hope & Change party candidate. In 2010, he ran unsuccessfully for State Senate District 36 as a Republican Problemfixer party candidate.
Elections for all 49 districts (98 seats) in the Washington House of Representatives took place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Reuven Carlyle (D) and Leslie Klein (R) were unopposed in the primary. Carlyle defeated Klein in the general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 36a General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Reuven Carlyle Incumbent||86.7%||47,808|
Klein ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 36a. Klein advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated by incumbent Reuven Carlyle (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 36a, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Reuven Carlyle Incumbent||88.5%||67,105|
|Washington State House of Representatives, District 36a Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Democratic||Reuven Carlyle Incumbent||88%||31,623|
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
Leslie Klein ran for the Washington State Senate District 36. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 17, 2010. He was defeated by Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D) in the November 2, 2010, General Election.
|Washington State Senate, District 36 Primary (2010)|
|Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D)||26,906||83.67%|
|Leslie Klein (R)||5,253||16.33%|
Klein has a wife, Janice.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leslie + Klein + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Profile by Vote-USA
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Klein's 2008 Responses to Project Vote Smart's Issue Position questionnaire
- League of Women Voters candidate questionnaire
- Responses to questions from The Seattle Times
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "Official general election results, 2014," accessed December 2, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," May 23, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- Office of the Secretary of State, "Previous Elections," accessed July 17, 2014
- Project Vote Smart', "Leslie Klein - Biography," accessed August 3, 2012
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |