|Connecticut House of Representatives District 89|
|January 9, 2013-Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zupkus served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Safety and Security|
|• Human Services|
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Vickie Orsini Nardello was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Lezlye Zupkus was unopposed in the Republican primary. Nardello will face Zupkus in the general election.
Zupkus ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 89. Zupkus ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated incumbent Vickie Orsini Nardello (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 89, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Vickie Orsini Nardello Incumbent||49%||5,996|
Comprehensive donor information for Zupkus is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Zupkus raised a total of $32,216 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Lezlye Zupkus's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut House of Representatives, District 89||$32,216|
|Grand Total Raised||$32,216|
2012Zupkus won election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Zupkus raised a total of $32,216.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lezlye Zupkus's campaign in 2012|
|Pronovost, John S.||$100|
|Lapalme, Claudia J.||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,216|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "issues important to Connecticut's working men and women."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key environmental bills."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lezlye + Zupkus + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Profile from the Connecticut House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Cheshire Citizen, "Republican Zupkus bucked election trend, is ready to take 89th House seat" accessed December 12, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate list," accessed June 19, 2012
- CBS Connecticut, "2012 Primary Results," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 21, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Zupkus, Lezlye," accessed September 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
Vickie Orsini Nardello (D)
|Connecticut House of Representatives 89
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |