For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Lincoln County, New Mexico
It was once the largest county in the United States. In the late 1870s the so-called Lincoln County War broke out between ranchers and the owners of the county's largest general store. William Bonney, better known as Billy the Kid, became involved on the side of the ranchers after his friend and employer was killed. In the end, Bonney killed the deputy that killed his friend, another deputy, and the county sheriff. Several other people were slain in the conflict, which included the other leader of the rancher faction. His death ended the conflict. In 1878, the new territorial governor, retired Union General Lew Wallace offered an amnesty to the combatants in order to bring a long-lasting truce between the factions.
- Commissioner contact and term information is posted, along with meeting times and agendas.
- Minutes for meetings are not posted.
- Only the budget from 2005-2006 is posted online.
- No information on how to file for public records.
- No county audits, credit card receipts, or checkbook register information available online.
- Does not disclose whether it belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Lincoln County Website
- Public Records Directory - Lincoln County
- Lincoln County on E-Reference
- Lincoln County Guide