|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 49|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Kentucky House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Kentucky University|
|Master's||Western Kentucky University|
|Birthday||September 28, 1948|
Belcher served in the Kentucky House of Representatives, representing District 49 from 2009 to 2013.
Belcher has worked as a principal and teacher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Belcher has served on the following committees:
- Economic Development
- State Government
- Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Safety
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Education Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- State Government Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Transportation Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Belcher served on the following committees:
- Economic Development
- Education (Vice Chair)
- Interim Joint Committee on Economic Development & Tourism
- Interim Joint Committee on Education
- Interim Joint Committee on Transportation
- Interim Joint Committee on Veterans, Military Affairs & Public Protection
- Military Affairs and Public Safety
- Subcommittee of Budget Review on Human Resources
- Subcommittee on Elementary and Secondary Education
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Linda Howlett Belcher defeated Jonathan Cacciatore in the Democratic primary, while Michael J. Nemes was unopposed in the Republican primary. Belcher faces Nemes in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Linda Howlett Belcher||82.5%||2,353|
Belcher ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 49. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 22, 2012, and was defeated by Russell Webber (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Linda Belcher Incumbent||47.2%||10,124|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 49 General Election (2010)|
|Linda Belcher (D)||7,878|
|Russell Webber (R)||7,777|
Belcher was unopposed in the May 18 Democratic primary election.
On November 4, 2008, Belcher was elected to the 49th District Seat in the Kentucky House of Representatives, defeating Trina Summers (R). Belcher raised $30,122 for her campaign, while Summers raised $23,003.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 49 (2008)|
|Linda Belcher (D)||10,954||54.0%|
|Trina Summers (R)||9,347||46.0%|
In 2010, Belcher raised $46,668 in contributions.
Her two largest contributors were:
|Kentucky House Democratic Caucus Campaign Cmte||$15,000|
|Belcher, Linda Howlett||$1,350|
In 2008 Belcher collected $30,122 in donations.
Four of her largest contributors were:
|Kentucky House Democratic Caucus||$12,071|
|Bullitt County Democratic Executive Committee||$10,000|
|Housing Organized for Political Education||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Belcher + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House of Representatives District 49
- Kentucky House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kentucky State Legislature
- Kentucky Legislature - Linda Belcher
- Linda Belcher on FreedomKentucky.org
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Linda Belcher on Facebook
- Kentucky Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed August 21, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Belcher
- C-SPAN, "Primary Results - May 20th, 2014," accessed May 20, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed May 6, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed May 6, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Statewide Results - 2010 General Election," accessed March 13, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Report of 'Official' Election Night Tally Results," November 26, 2008
- Kentucky House of Representatives, 2008 Money raised
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Belcher, Linda," accessed May 7, 2014
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 49
| Succeeded by|
Russell Webber (R)
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |