For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Linda Dill Finn
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 72|
|2013-January 6, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Barrington High School|
Finn earned her B.S. from Boston College in 1981. Her professional experience includes owning Linda Finn Garden Design.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Finn served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Small Business|
Finn's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Strengthen our education system. Invest in early education, technical education and workforce development programs that will create a vibrant, engaged 21st century workforce."
- Excerpt: "Support a cohesive strategy for Broadband infrastructure and digital literacy on Aquidneck Island to support our business’, including our marine and defense companies."
- Excerpt: "Fight to keep the legislature out of the woman/doctor relationship."
- Excerpt: "Create new opportunities for small business to help access capital and support services to improve our small business ecosystem."
Finn highlighted the following issues:
Business and the economy
- Excerpt: "We need to evaluate the 235 Tax Expenditure Programs on the books in RI. Which ones are encouraging increased employment? Which ones are really giving incentives for innovation and growth? How can we encourage reinvestment in Rhode Island instead of business’ taking their capital elsewhere?"
- Excerpt: "We need to strengthen our public education system. Investment in public education is not only essential to the individual receiving it, but it is also essential to the economic development and future prosperity of our state."
Public Transportation and Bridges
- Excerpt: "Where were our local representatives on this issue a year ago? We need to make sure the study being done by the Bridge and Toll Authority is going to include local representation, and we need to look at how we develop more uniform and equitable policies regarding the distribution of state financial transportation costs imposed on us."
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Linda Dill Finn was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Daniel Reilly was unopposed in the Republican primary. Reilly defeated Finn in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Linda Dill Finn Incumbent||45.9%||2,640|
Finn won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 72. Finn was unopposed in the September 11 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent Daniel Reilly (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Linda Dill Finn||50.6%||3,597|
|Republican||Daniel Reilly Incumbent||49.2%||3,497|
Comprehensive donor information for Linda Dill Finn is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Linda Dill Finn raised a total of $5,530 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 12, 2013.
|Linda Dill Finn's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 72||$5,530|
|Grand Total Raised||$5,530|
2012Linda Dill Finn won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Linda Dill Finn raised a total of $5,530.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Dill Finn's campaign in 2012|
|Fund for Democratic Priorities||$500|
|Rhode Island House Leadership Pac||$500|
|National Education Association Rhode Island||$375|
|Coventry Teachers Alliance||$300|
|Fund For Democratic Leadership||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$5,530|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
Finn and her husband, John, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Linda + Finn + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Linda Dill Finn on Facebook
- Linda Dill Finn on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Linda Dill Finn," accessed June 10, 2014
- Elect Linda Dill Finn, "Legislative Goals," accessed October 21, 2014
- Electlindafinn.com, "Issues," accessed October 19, 2012 (dead link)(Dead link)
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Finn, Linda Dill," accessed August 12, 2013
Daniel Reilly (R)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 72
2013–January 6, 2015
| Succeeded by|
Daniel Reilly (R)