Linda Evans Parlette
|Linda Evans Parlette|
|Washington State Senate District 12|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||12|
|Majority Caucus Leader, Washington State Senate|
|Minority Caucus Leader, Washington State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Washington State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Washington State University, 1968|
|Birthday||August 20, 1945|
|Place of birth||Wenatchee, WA|
Her previous positions in the Senate include Majority Deputy Floor Leader in 2003, Deputy Majority Leader in 2004, and Deputy Republican Leader from 2005 to 2006. Previously, She served the Washington State House of Representatives from 1997 to 2000.
She also is a former board member and director of the Lake Chelan School Board from 1981 to 1986 and campaign chair for Senator George Sellars in 1992.
Parlette earned her BS in Pharmacy from Washington State University in 1968. She has practiced pharmacy for Aston Drug Center from 1970 to 1991, and for Wenatchee Clinic Pharmacy from 1987 to 2008. Parlette has also worked as an orchardist for Hoverhawk, Incorporated.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Parlette served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health Care|
|• Natural Resources & Parks|
|• Ways & Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Parlette served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Mental Health Services and Financing|
|• Health & Long-Term Care|
|• Ways and Means|
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Parlette ran in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate District 12. Parlette ran unopposed in the blanket primary on August 7, 2012. Parlette won in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
On November 4, 2008, Parlette ran unopposed and was re-elected for the Twelfth District of the Washington State Senate receiving 43,993 votes.
Parlette raised $144,323 for her campaign.
|Washington State Senate, District 12 (2008)|
|Linda Evans Parlette (R)||43,993|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Parlette collected $144,323 in donations.
Listed below are the top four contributors to her campaign. 
|Washington State Hospital Association||$1,600|
|Washington Bankers Association||$1,600|
|Washington Beverage Association||$1,600|
|Pacific Merchant Shipping Association||$1,600|
- See also: Freedom Foundation's Big Spender List
The Freedom Foundation releases its Big Spender List annually. The Institute ranks all Washington legislators based on their total proposed tax and fee increases. To find each legislator’s total, the Institute adds up the 10-year tax increases or decreases, as estimated by Washington’s Office of Financial Management, of all bills sponsored or co-sponsored by that legislator. 
Parlette proposed a 10-year increase in state taxes and fees of $188.4 million, the 22nd highest amount of proposed new taxes and fees of the 46 Washington state senators on the Freedom Foundation’s 2012 Big Spender List.
Parlette is married to her husband, Bob, and they have five children and two grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Linda + Parlette + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Chamber's new hands-on honcho says 'let's get to work' - The Wenatchee World Online
- Washington State Bill Seeks Exemption To Non-Discrimination Law - The Inquisitr - The Inquisitr
- Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays - USA Today - USA TODAY
- Senate's GOP is counting on Obamacare to balance budget - The Seattle Times
- State's strong notions on equality will triumph - Bellingham Herald
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Washington State Senate profile of Parlette
- Parlette's Senate Republican Caucus website
- Biographical profile of Parlette on Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Campaign website (suspended)
- Washington Votes profile of Parlette
- ↑ 12th Legislative District Map
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Sen. Parlette
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," retrieved July 16, 2012
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Parlette's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributors to Linda Evans Parlette
- ↑ Freedom Foundation's 2012 Big Spender List
- ↑ Freedom Foundation's 2012 list of Washington state senators by proposed new taxes and fees
|Washington State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|