Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia State Senate District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 8, 2013|
was a 2013 Democratic
candidate in the special election
for District 11 of the Georgia State Senate
- See also: State legislative special elections, 2013
Collins ran in a special election for Georgia State Senate District 11 but withdrew prior to the election. The seat was vacant following John Bulloch's (R) resignation on December 6, 2012. While he did not initially provide a reason, Bulloch had been hospitalized with meningitis the previous October. Bulloch was re-elected on November 6, 2012 unopposed. Collins was to face Marshall Berman (R), Dean Burke (R), Mike Keown (R), Eugene McNease (R), Brad Hughes (R) and Jeffrey G. Bivins (L) in the special election on January 8, 2013.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Georgia Secretary of State, "List of Candidates on the January 08, 2013 Special Election Ballot," accessed December 14, 2012
- ↑ Albany Herald, "Lone Democrat bows out of Senate race," January 3, 2013
- ↑ Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Senator from southwest Georgia to step down," December 6, 2012
- ↑ Albany Herald, "Two officially qualify for special election to fill Bulloch's seat," December 10, 2012