|Iowa House of Representatives District 46|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University, 1989|
|Birthday||June 6, 1964|
|Place of birth||Rochester, MN|
|Profession||Brain Injury Association of Iowa|
Heddens' professional experience includes working as Interim Co-Director of the Ask Resource Center, Family Support Coordinator in the US Army Reserves and substitute teacher.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Heddens served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Human Resources|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Heddens served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa|
|• Veterans Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Heddens served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Human Resources|
|• Public Safety|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Lisa K. Heddens was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Heddens ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 46. Heddens ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated Stephen Quist (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Lisa Heddens Incumbent||62.9%||8,830|
Heddens won re-election to the 46th District seat against Chad R. Steenhoek (R). Heddens had no opposition in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 46 General Election (2010)|
|Lisa Heddens (D)||8,002|
|Chad R. Steenhoek (R)||5,850|
|Tyler Pauly (Lib)||350|
On November 4, 2008, Heddens was re-elected to the 46th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Eric Cooper (R). Heddens raised $46,576 for her campaign, while Cooper raised $1,500.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 46|
|Lisa Heddens (D)||11,953|
|Eric Cooper (R)||3,124|
Comprehensive donor information for Heddens is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Heddens raised a total of $244,016 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Lisa Heddens's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 46||$48,849|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 46||$54,890|
|2008||Iowa State House, District 46||$46,576|
|2006||Iowa State House, District 46||$28,330|
|2004||Iowa State House, District 46||$17,437|
|2002||Iowa State House, District 46||$47,934|
|Grand Total Raised||$244,016|
2012Heddens won re-election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Heddens raised a total of $48,849.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lisa Heddens's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$7,124|
|Iowa Hospital Association||$3,500|
|Iowa Healthcare Association||$3,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Iowa Association of Community Providers||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$48,849|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010 Heddens collected $54,890 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lisa Heddens's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$6,406|
|Iowa Hospital Association||$3,500|
|Iowa Association Of Community Providers||$3,000|
|Iowa Dental Association||$3,000|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$2,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$54,890|
In 2008 Heddens collected $46,576 in donations. Her five largest contributors were:
|Iowa Credit Union League||$6,500|
|Iowa Hospital Association||$2,500|
|Iowa Dental Association||$2,500|
|MacGilvray, James P.||$2,300|
Heddens is Vice President of The Legal Center for Special Education and member of the Westory Volunteer Fire Department Board.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Lisa + Heddens + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 46
- Iowa State Legislature
- Lisa Heddens's Personal Website
- Lisa Heddens on the Iowa House Website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Heddens, Lisa," accessed September 19, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2008 Campaign Contributions," accessed April 8, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 8, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
|Iowa House of Representatives District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |