Lisa Polak Edgar
|Lisa Polak Edgar|
|Florida Public Service Commission|
|2005 - Present|
|Years in position||9|
|Chair, Florida Public Service Commission|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Governor Jeb Bush|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University (1985)|
|J.D.||Florida State University School of Law (1988)|
Edgar served as Deputy Secretary for Planning and Management in the Florida Department of Environmental Protection from 1990-2005. Additionally, she has been Senior Cabinet Aide at the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Professor at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, Staff Counsel/Legislative Analyst for Florida Senate Committees on Reapportionment and Regulated Industries, and Chief Analyst on Environmental Policy in the Governor's Office of Policy and Budget.
- JD, Florida State University School of Law, 1988
- BA, Political Science, Florida State University, 1985
Florida Public Service Commission (2005-Present)
Edgar was re-appointed to a third four-year term on the Florida Public Service Commission by Gov. Rick Scott (R) on September 21, 2012. While some 20 candidates initially sought the post, the PSC Nominating Council submitted four candidates to the governor. The other three included former state Rep. Ken Littlefield, Luz Weinberg and Donald Polmann.
Edgar was first appointed to the Florida Public Service Commission in 2005 by Gov. Jeb Bush (R).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lisa + Edgar + Florida"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida Public Service Commission, "Commissioner Lisa Polak Edgar," accessed August 17, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Commissioner Lisa Polak Edgar's Biography," accessed September 19, 2012
- Sunshine State News, "Lisa Edgar, 20 Others Seek PSC Post," June 18, 2012
- The Republic, "Gov. Rick Scott reappoints Lisa Edgar to 3rd term on Florida Public Service Commission," September 21, 2012
|Florida Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|