|Alabama House of Representatives District 85|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Baker served on the Dothan City Board of Education and Barbour County Board of Education.
Baker's professional experience includes working for the Daniel Construction Company and as Director of Student Support Services at George C. Wallace College. He served in the National Guard.
Baker is a member of the Alabama Education Association, Free and Accepted Masonry, Kappa Alpha Psi, Kiwanis Club, Legislative Council, Southern States Energy Board and Deacon of Mary Magdalene Baptist Church.
Baker formerly served on the following committees:
- Government Appropriations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on Medical Procedures (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Taxes and Exemptions (Chair)
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Baker ran for district 28 of the Alabama State Senate. He was defeated in the June 1 primary.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2006
Baker raised $104,736 for his campaign, while Raley raised $33,507.
|Alabama State House, District 85 (2006)|
|Locy Baker (D)||5,428|
|Harold Raley (R)||5,142|
Below are Baker's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|US Smokeless Tobacco||$500|
|Petroleum & Convenience Marketers of AL||$500|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$500|
In 2006, Baker raised $104,736 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Education Association||$20,165|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$10,500|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$6,923|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Locy + Baker + Alabama + House + Legislature" Locy Baker News Feed
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House Committees
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Locy Baker
- Project Vote Smart - Locy Baker
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed November 19, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2008 Campaign contributions," accessed November 19, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed November 19, 2014
|Alabama House District 85
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|