|Former candidate for|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 79|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa|
Jacobs earned her B.S. in Pharmacy from the University of Iowa, her D.D.S. from the University of Iowa and her Pharm.D. from Oklahoma University. Her professional experience includes working as Director of Dental Anesthesiology, holding joint appointments at the College of Dentistry and the College of Medicine at Oral Roberts University.
Jacobs' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "She supports completion of the Keystone XL Pipeline as it would create hundreds of jobs in Oklahoma."
- Excerpt: "Relying on her medical and dental expertise, Dr. Jacobs points out another area that would add industry to our economy is the manufacturing of generic drugs."
- Excerpt: "Solidly, 100% pro-life."
- Excerpt: "Supportive of the attorney general, state of Oklahoma lawsuit, against Obamacare being judicated 2014, 100%."
- Excerpt: "Supports efforts to reduce the state income tax. "Oklahoma's economy will flourish, similar to Texas, when we eliminate the state income tax," says Dr Jacobs."
Elections for the office of Oklahoma House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent Weldon Watson defeated Lois Jacobs in the Republican primary. Watson was unchallenged in the general election.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 79 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Weldon Watson Incumbent||73.8%||2,429|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 79 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Weldon Watson Incumbent||73.1%||2,200|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lois + Jacobs + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Oklahoma House of Representatives District 79
- Dr. Lois Jacobs for State Rep, "About" accessed June 21, 2012
- www.drjacobsok.com, "Main page," accessed June 5, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official General Election Results, Federal, State, Legislative and Judicial Races — November 4, 2014," accessed November 5, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |