|California State Senate, District 34|
Pham's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Revitalize our Economy
- Excerpt: "I’ll work to repeal high taxes and heavy regulations that have earned California the reputation as unfriendly to business and job growth."
Stop Runaway Government Spending
- Excerpt: "I’ll fight for a real spending cap that stops the overspending in Sacramento. I’ll also fight to balance the State’s budget by stripping away useless and unproductive programs. Every program must have a top-to-bottom audit, and those that are ineffective and unneeded must be immediately ended."
Protect California Taxpayers
- Excerpt: "I oppose raising taxes. Period. We already pay enough taxes in this State, and we have enough revenues to accomplish what we need. Instead, I’ll fight for a streamlined government that is lean, efficient, and effective."
Preserve Proposition 13
- Excerpt: "I believe in Proposition 13’s property tax protections, and I’ll fight to keep these protections in place."
- Excerpt: "I believe our schools must focus on math and technology and other basic fundamentals. I’ll work to upgrade class rooms and ensure schools have the local freedom, and local dollars, to deliver cutting edge training in math, the sciences, reading, history and basics. We must ensure our children are prepared to compete in the global market place."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of California State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Jose Solorio (D) and Janet Nguyen (R) defeated Long Pham (R) in the blanket primary. Solorio will face Nguyen in the general election.
|California State Senate, District 34 Blanket Primary, 2014|
Pham was defeated in the June 8 primary by Allan R. Mansoor.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Long + Pham+ California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Senate
- California State Senate elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Senate District 34
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- phamforassembly.com "Issues," accessed May 7, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014