|California State Assembly District 80|
|May 28, 2013 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||May 21, 2013|
|Term limits||12 years|
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Lorena Gonzalez (D) was unopposed in the blanket primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Gonzalez won election in a special election for California State Assembly District 80. The seat was vacant following Ben Hueso's (D) election to the California State Senate on March 12, 2013. Gonzalez defeated Steve Castaneda (D) in the special election, which took place on May 21, 2013.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Cancer Society
- California Environmental Scorecard
- California Humane Society
- California Labor Federation
- California ProLife Council
- Capital Resource Institute
- Congress of California Seniors
- Consumer Federation of California
- Equality California
- Howard Jarvis Taxpayer's Association
- Planned Parenthood - Assembly & Senate
- Sierra Club California
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lorena + Gonzalez + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly
- California Assembly Committees
- California State Assembly District 80
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- ktvu.com, "Special election set to fill state Assembly seat," March 26, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, "Assembly District 80 Special Primary Election - May 21, 2013," accessed April 8, 2013
- 10news.com, "Myrtle Cole wins District 4 City Council seat: Lorena Gonzalez takes 80th Assembly District," May 22, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, "Official special election results," accessed November 18, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 15, 2014
Ben Hueso (D)
|California State Assembly District 80
| Succeeded by|