was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 19
of the Arizona House of Representatives
Sierra's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I have a great amount of faith in the ingenuity and work ethic of my fellow Arizonans. As your representative, I will champion new priorities, creating an environment where your sole proprietorship or small business can thrive."
- Smart and Effective Business Development
- Excerpt: "Our first priority should be to help Arizona businesses start, grow and thrive. I am also in favor of attracting out-of-state businesses, but not at the expense of home-grown, Arizona businesses. Rather than racing to the bottom with other states in the region with ineffective tax breaks, I propose new priorities to take our state in a new direction."
- Increasing Academic Success for Children
- Excerpt: "Dr. David Berliner, a professor at ASU West, has written a groundbreaking study that shows how out of school factors like poor nutrition and lack of after-school activities adversely impact students’ grades. While it will take time to overcome the majority party’s war against education and their devastating budget cuts, I believe our children and neighborhoods deserve new priorities for a new direction."
- Excerpt: "I envision a day when we watch the local news and there are no stories about the horrific death of a child at the hands of his or her “caregivers.” With new priorities and leadership, it’s possible."
- Make the Tax System Work for ALL of Us
- Excerpt: "If you want to join an elitist golf club, the state of Arizona will give you a tax break. If you want to hire new employees at your small business, you’re on your own. Arizona has an unfair and outdated tax system. The time has come to close loopholes for special interests and the wealthy."
- See also: Arizona House of Representatives elections, 2012
Sierra ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 19. He was defeated by Lupe Contreras and Mark Cardenas in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Lorenzo Sierra
| Bryan Kilgore
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lorenzo + Sierra + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Lorenzo Sierra News Feed