|Arkansas House of Representatives District 82|
|January 10, 2011 - January 10, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|High school||Saint Ann High School, 1964|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Benedict attended Saint Ann High School in 1964. She worked in the checking department of the Federal Reserve Bank from 1963 to 1966. From 1965 to 1970, she worked in payroll/insurance for Hines Lumber Company. She then worked as owner/manager of Corral Western Wear from 1973 to 1979. Benedict was then the owner of Sunrise Cattle Company and Benedict Dairy from 1980 to 1991. She has worked as president/general manager of Mountain Home Flight Service of the Ozark Regional Flight Service Incorporated since 1992.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Benedict served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Children and Youth
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Public Transportation Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Motor Vehicle and Highways
Benedict ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 61. Benedict ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and was defeated by Scott Baltz (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 61, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lori Benedict Incumbent||48.6%||5,123|
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 82 General Election (2010)|
|Lori Benedict (R)||5,187|
|Robert Hutchison (D)||4,184|
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 82 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Lori Benedict (R)||771|
|George Wiggam (R)||559|
In 2010, Benedict raised $25,099 in contributions.
Her five largest contributors were:
|Rep Party Of Ar Little Rock||$2,179|
|Ar Rep Caucus||$2,000|
|Arkansas Healthcare Association||$2,000|
Arkansas’s Freedom Scorecard
The Advance Arkansas Institute, an Arkansas-based nonprofit research and educational organization, released "Arkansas's Freedom Scorecard" in 2012 and 2013. The scorecard seeks to show how Arkansas legislators voted on the principles the Institute seeks to promote. It measures each state legislator in six categories, which include economic freedom, education reform, good government, personal liberty, small government and tax/budget policy. Scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Institute. Benedict received a score of 83% in the 2012 scorecard, ranking 23rd out of 97 members of the Arkansas House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Benedict and her husband, Don, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Lori + Benedict + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from October 19, 2010.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Primary results
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- "2010 contributions," accessed December 20, 2013
- Advance Arkansas Institute, "Arkansas’s Freedom Scorecard 2012"
|Arkansas House District 82
| Succeeded by|
Bill Gossage (R)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|