For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Wisconsin State Senate District 13 Recall|
|Bachelor's||University of Missouri–Columbia|
Compas lost her bid for Wisconsin State Senate District 13 in the recall election against incumbent Sen. Scott Fitzgerald. Compas defeated Gary Ellerman, a Republican who ran as a Democrat, in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012.
She lost to Fitzgerald in the recall election on June 5. Terry Virgil (L) came in third.
|Recall of Wisconsin State Senator Scott Fitzgerald, 2012|
|Republican||Scott Fitzgerald Incumbent||58.3%||47,146|
|Source: Wisconsin Government Accountability Board|
|Wisconsin State Senate District 13 Recall - Democratic Primary Democratic Primary, 2012|
On her campaign website, Compas listed 9 themes of her campaign:
- Jobs and economic development
- Affordable healthcare
- Supporting public education
- Balancing the budget
- Restoring workers' rights
- Environmental protection
- Protecting the Wisconsin Retirement System
- Working to create a Regional Transit Authority
- Restoring integrity to the legislature
Compas and her husband Eric were married in 1995 and have two children.
- Madison.com, "Woman photographer to challenge Wis. Senate leader," February 27, 2012 (dead link)
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "4 Democrats easily win Senate primaries," May 9, 2012
- Lori Compas, "The Issues," accessed March 22, 2012
- FOX 11, "Compas raises $100K in bid for state Senate seat," April 27, 2012
- Lori Compas, "Meet Lori," accessed March 22, 2012